Moving into a new home is exciting and sometimes even overwhelming. You may have many ideas for how you want each room to look, but it can be difficult to get these projects done once life returns to normal. Here are some easy projects that you can do anytime to refresh your new home without breaking the bank.
Quick Tips to Update Your New Home
- Add shelving and storage: When you move into your new home, you need to make it yours. It is a great time to install new shelving and storage as a way to keep your belongings organized and in their place.
- Add plants and flowers: Fresh flowers, potted plants and even window boxes can add a touch of color and softness to your new home without a huge expense. Flowers always make a room feel put together and welcoming.
- Update your light fixtures: Think about how much (or how little) light you want in the rooms where you will spend most of your time. Then find a light fixture that offers the style and the function that you are looking for. Light fixtures are relatively inexpensive and can make an immediate difference in a room.
- Focus on your entryway: When you move into a new home, the number of projects you want to start can be overwhelming. Focus on getting small areas looking the way you want them to. Your entryway is an area that you can decorate on a budget and make a good first impression for your very first guests.
- Paint: Adding a coat of paint is one of the most inexpensive ways to transform a room. Add color and a whole new look in just a matter of hours!
- Install window treatments: You may notice when you move in that too much light comes in certain windows, so adding window treatments can help.
- Power wash and stain your deck: Entertaining guests in your new home can be fun and your deck can be a great place to host cookouts and relaxing family events. Power washing and staining your deck can be done in a weekend and costs under $100.
Make Your Next Move Easy!
All Points Moving & Storage understands how exciting a move can be for a family. We will make the moving process as simple and easy as possible so that you can enjoy the time and focus on what you would like to do to make your new house feel like home. Call us at 866-421-9490 for a free estimate.