Shipment Protection (Valuation) Program Key Concepts:
What is it?
- This is not insurance. Instead it is an agreement between, you, the customer and, us, the mover, on what our liability will be for loss or damage caused by us during the shipment.
- Customers are given two options – Wingspan Protection (full-value protection or FVP) and $.60/lb/article.
- The default dollar amount of FVP is either $6,000 or an amount equal to $6.00 times the weight of the shipment, whichever is more.
- There is a charge for FVP and it is included in your initial estimate. The charge is $150 plus an additional $5.50 per every $1,000 of FVP.
- There is no charge for $.60/lb/article but it also provides significantly less coverage for your belongings.
- If FVP is selected, you, the customer, must also complete additional paperwork to qualify your high value items (over $100/lb/article) for the full benefits of your Wingspan Protection.
How do you make your choice?
- The valuation charge for the default dollar amount of FVP is included in the initial estimate’s total charges.
- If, you, the customer, want a higher dollar FVP amount than the default dollar amount, we must provide a new estimate that includes the additional FVP charge ($5.50 per $1,000 of additional FVP declared).
- If you, the customer, want to waive FVP for $.60/lb/article, then United Van Lines must give you a new estimate that has a new total charge of the move which is reduced by the tariff charge amount for FVP.
- Though the charges for the move, with or without FVP, are provided in the estimate, you, the customer, must make your valuation choice, in writing, on the Bill of Lading.
- You, the customer, can change your mind about your valuation choice any time prior to our starting to load the shipment.
All Points Moving & Storage offers special coverage for special services to protect your goods against loss or damage while in transit.
- Electronics and Exhibits: Released at $5.00 per pound per article. Certificates of insurance can be issued to cover all risks.
- Special Commodities: Common Law released at $100,000 per load. Certificates of insurance can be issued to cover all risks.