Moving is hard. All Points Moving & Storage wants to help you understand that it does not need to be as stressful as it seems by sharing some ideas on what to do before your moving company arrives. Following some or all of our suggestions below will make your next move easier and less stressful for you and your family.
5 Suggestions to Help You Prepare for Your Next Move
- Reduce the amount of stuff you take with you – You can do this by selling, donating, repurposing, and recycling many items that you no longer use. Some people go by the 2-year rule, which states that if you have not used an item for 2 years, it is time to let it go. It takes some work to do this, but if you give yourself enough time ahead of your move, it will be easy and you will soon feel like you are becoming more organized. That leads to the next item on our list….
- Develop a system of organization – If you are not naturally organized but have some technological knowledge, it may be helpful to invest some time creating spreadsheets to keep track of expenses, tasks that need to be performed, money you have earned from selling items, things you need to do when you arrive in your new home, etc. You can apply your new organizational skills to important hard copies too, by using 3-ring binders to keep track of receipts, contracts, birth certificates, and other important documents of which you will need easy access.
- Be especially careful with important documents – This includes items such as bank statements, checkbooks, passports, birth certificates, and tax-related information. Not all important documents will make sense to place in the binder you have created, so take care to pack those items securely and mark the container they are in clearly. It is best to pack such things in a container that is water- and fireproof, or at least resistant to those elements.
- Do your due diligence in researching your moving company options – All Points Moving & Storage has worked hard to be the best company available and we will be happy to provide you with all the information you need to be comfortable choosing us. Check references and ask friends and family for recommendations to be sure that you partner with a company that can meet your needs.
- Reduce stress ahead of time by knowing the measurements of your new home’s entry points – Few things move-related will cause stress like finding out that your couch is too big to fit through the front door. All Points Moving & Storage can help you with this issue too. Getting furniture through doors is usually solved with geometry and expertise, and our team has lots of knowledge of both.
Trusted Local Moving Company
For more information about our residential moving services, call us today at 860-291-9490 or 866-421-9490 and we will be happy to answer all of your questions as well as provide you with a free moving quote.