Your possessions are valuable, sometimes irreplaceable. Moving is hectic enough without the added worry about whether the moving company you choose is experienced or is merely an amateur. There are many reasons to go with a professional. Before you choose your next moving company, ask yourself the following questions:
- Are They Certified? Professionals must meet certain standards and practices. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration registers movers and holds them accountable for Federal regulations and laws. Professional movers are required to tell you your rights and protections.
- Have They Been Trained? Amateurs don’t have the experience or training that professionals acquire. Many professional movers have training facilities where their employees are taught how to properly pack and move boxes, how to lift heavy items without injury, and how to efficiently load a moving truck. Amateur movers may hire temporary labor as needed, while a professional mover has experienced teams in place.
- Is There Damage and Risk Protection? Professional licensed carriers are required to provide basic valuation and most have extended policies as options. Amateurs cannot provide the same level of protection. You risk loss and damage without restitution when dealing with amateurs.
- Are They Safe? This applies both to the movers and to their equipment. Amateurs may not have their equipment inspected regularly or be up to date with the latest moving techniques. They may not know how to navigate stairs safely or how to handle similar hazards. Your home or office may be damaged when loading or unloading your belongings. Professionals must meet inspection and safety requirements to maintain their licenses. They have the training and experience to deal with stairs and hazards.
- Are They Reliable? Choosing a mover based on price alone is risky at best, and foolish in the worst cases. Amateur movers may offer low prices, but many cut corners – either deliberately to compete, or from lack of knowledge of how to do the job right. This leads to damage, lost or stolen goods, and poor customer service.
Trust the Professionals at All Points Moving & Storage When Making Your Move
At All Points Moving & Storage, we guarantee your moving experience will be a good one. We pride ourselves on our professionalism, our reliability, and our top notch customer service.
To find out more about what a professional mover provides, or to set up an appointment, contact us today by email at email@example.com or call us toll free at 1-866-421-9490.