If you have just purchased and moved into your new home, you likely have a lot of details to think about. Whether you are on your own for the first time or have moved your family into a new house, one of the first things to do is stock up your new kitchen. Here are some tips for how to buy groceries for your new home:
- Easy breakfasts: The truth is that you will not be able to cook like normal for the first few days in your new home. So, purchase something easy for breakfast like cereal and fruit. These are quick meals, relatively healthy, and will give you much-needed energy as you begin unpacking.
- Stock up on your staples: You probably tossed half-used bottles of oil, salad dressings, and spices when you moved. So, go ahead and purchase new bottles of these items that you use frequently. Some of the most common spices are salt, pepper, parsley, basil, paprika, oregano, dill, ginger, garlic powder, and chili powder. Common oils to purchase first include olive oil, sesame oil, coconut oil, or vegetable oil. Other staples for most every kitchen include peanut butter, bread, and jelly and your favorite condiments.
- Coffee, tea, and caffeine: If you are someone who drinks coffee, tea, or other caffeinated beverage in the morning, then you will want to have this on hand in your new kitchen right away!
- Pasta and sauce: If you are trying to feed several people for the first few days, consider purchasing some pasta and sauce for spaghetti, butter noodles, or other easy meals. You can also purchase a few frozen staples to pull out in the evenings for an easy meal.
- Fresh fruits and vegetables: You will want to have some easy-to-eat fruits and vegetables for fresh and healthy snacks. Some great options include bananas, grapes, apples, carrot sticks, and peppers.
- Snacks: When you make that first grocery store trip, add a few snacks to your cart. Crackers, chips, dried fruit, nuts are easy to grab and satisfy that hunger that comes in between meals.
Residential Moving Services in CT
While the team at All Points Moving & Storage cannot complete that first grocery store trip for you, we can help support your move in other ways. If you are planning a move, let us do the heavy lifting. Give us a call today at 866-421-9490 for a free estimate!